One big lesson learned these past two weeks of training myself on sites is that "practice makes perfect". I found that the more I play with the site advanced features, adding each one of them to my site and practicing how to use them, the more I master them and get more confident in using them. I am sure that there are still more to learn and am excited to keep updating my knowledge on sites. Here are some of the features that most excite me:
- Embedding media, calendar, maps and inserting videos in sites.
- Using all the different page types ( web, announcements, file cabinet and list )
- Managing the sidebar and horizontal navigation menu.
- Creating the page-level permissions in my site.
- Linking my site and my blog journal.
- Knowing that I can make copies of the site I create using my school domain.
Next week I will go into Google Calendar. We use calendar a lot at school to schedule different events and I am going to dig dipper into the various ways calendar can be used even more effectively.
Post a Comment